High quality newsprint production
In the newspaper industry, quick turnaround of good quality printing is critical. The five Paarl Coldset plants, strategically based in the main centres across the country, utilise the most advanced technology in the country to ensure reliable, efficient delivery of unparalleled quality newsprint publications.
- Quick makeready: The installation of Agfa’s: Arkitex, a powerful workflow system for newspaper production across all the plants, reduces turnaround times, with soft proofing accelerating the approval process. Agfa and Krause plate making equipment can sustain an output speed of more than 200 plates an hour per line.
- Excellent quality: The: Arkitex Sublima advanced screening delivers exceptional colour reproduction in newspaper printing, capturing the finest details and the most vibrant colours.
- Flexibility in formats: We cater for large and smaller print runs in broadsheet, tabloid and quarter fold formats for high pagination and thinner newspaper products.
- Large press capacity: 1 000 000 copies can be printed per hour with the capacity across the five plants to produce 12.1 tonnes per hour.
- Award winning results: Paarl Coldset has an outstanding record as the top performer in the quality category of the Mondi Shanduka Newspaper Awards over the past decade.The Naweek Beeld, printed by the Johannesburg plant, has also been awarded membership to the prestigious International Newspaper Color Quality Club (INCQC) for 2010-2014 and, the only worldwide quality benchmarking test for international newspaper printing.
For more information, contact Paarl Coldset.