Printing for every type of book
Paarl Media is a major supplier of books to South Africa’s leading publishers and across the continent. This includes educational books, manuals, dictionaries, diaries, reference and top quality coffee table books. We are proud to currently be working closely with the government and the educational sector in the printing and delivery of educational workbooks to schools throughout the country.
- Full range of printing options: High-speed heatset web offset, sheetfed as well as unique specialised book press technologies provide access to the most appropriate print solution for each format of books.
- Cost efficient, single colour printing: A unique hybrid, high volume 64-page book press, especially designed for fast turnaround of single colour books, combines the flexibility of formats of a sheetfed press with the cost benefits of heatset web offset technology. It caters for A4, A5 and narrow crown sizes, printing back to back to produce in a 64-page section in one impression. An inline Mabeg reel to sheeter allows for longer production runs, less stoppages and more accurate folding. Reel material is also often more cost effective and reduces trim waste. An inline slitter increases volume output by slicing the sheets in half before they reach the delivery so that two 32-page sections can be printed at once.
- High quality: ISO 12647-2 certified colour standards are applied throughout, with the QuadTech Colour Control System with System Brünner on the heatset web offset presses ensuring every copy matches the signed-off proofs according to ISO certified standards.
- Specialised finishes: Additional spot colours and oil varnish can be added inline on certain presses, with UV varnishing, embossing, foiling and laminating applied off the press to create the special quality effects on book covers.
- High volume production: Access to the extensive resources across the Group allows for quick turnaround of high volumes.
- Full bindery service: High speed saddle stitching, thread sewn and perfect/PUR binding as well as a specialised hand binding service is all offered to cater for all the different book formats. PUR binding provides a product with significantly higher page pulls and flex capability, thereby enhancing the lay flat effect of the book. PUR will not give way like the hot melt glue used in perfect binding. It provides the same pull test strength as thread sewing and is extremely strong and durable, lasting the same time than thread sewn, at about half the cost.
- Fine picking and packing: Paarl Media has extensive experience in fine picking, packing and distribution of high volumes of books, including complex logistical and transport requirements to ensure books get to their correct destination.
- Spcific software to manage and control complexities associated with fine picking, packing and distribution.
- Printed over 50 million educational workbooks for the South African Department of Basic Education, with an average pagination of in excess of 132 pages. Completed the fine picking, packing and distribution thereof to 24 000 schools.
- Printed over 2,8 million educational books for Angola.
- Only printers to deliver on time 300 000 copies of school material in multiple languages for Department of Education for the Kha Ri Guide Project.
- Prints up to 50%of the South African textbook market, as well as printing and exporting schoolbooks throughout Afica.