Flexible, high quality magazine production
Paarl Media is the largest magazine printer in South Africa with in excess of 80% market share. We print a large number of both weekly and monthly magazine titles. We work under tight production time frames, and have built factories that have capacity in order to ensure that weekly titles can be printed and distributed nationally within a few days of receiving final print ready PDFs.
From very high volume publications to medium runs of glossy, specialised magazines, our combination of high speed publication gravure, heatset web offset, sheetfed presses and extensive binderies offer the most efficient print solution to meet your quality and deadline requirements.
- Fast turnaround: Fully automated production processes and high speed presses ensure your magazine is printed with the quickest turnaround. Inline finishing capabilities deliver finished products in selected formats directly off the press.
- Flexibility in formats and paper stock: Both standard and special formats are catered for by the varying reel widths with paper stock options ranging up to 350gsm on the sheetfed presses. Binding options include high speed saddle stitching and perfect/PUR binding.
- Specialised finishes: Additional spot colours, encapsulated fragrance and oil varnish can be added inline on certain presses, with UV varnishing, embossing, foiling and laminating applied off the press to create the special quality effects.
- High quality: ISO 12647-2 certified colour standards are applied throughout, with the QuadTech Colour Control System with System Brünner on the heatset web offset presses ensuring every copy matches the signed-off proofs according to ISO certified standards.
- Versatile mailing and inserting: Machine insertion of brochures into magazines is enhanced by the successful enterprise development hand finishing initiatives at all the plants. In Paarl Media Cape alone, up to 12 million inserts, value-added gifts and products can be added at any given time. Magazines can be bagged in clear or printed plastic with addressee details printed on the bagged magazines, ready for mailing.
- Efficient distribution: Through Paarl Media’s national network, magazines can be printed at the plant closest to their final destination to minimise transport requirements and their carbon footprint. Paarl Media works closely with independent distribution and logisitics companies, for weekly distribution of magazines throughout the country and the continent.
- 360 000 magazines varying from 40 pages to 72 pages for Rapport Tydskrif and 264 000 magazines varying from 24 to 32 pages for City Pulse on a weekly basis. Magazines varying from 24 to 32 pages for City Pulse on a weekly basis.
- 35 000 weekly Auto Trader, printed and perfect bound within a few hours. Page count varies from 360 pages to 400 pages.
- 2.3 million Dish magazines that vary from 64 to 128 pages, with a 4-page gloss cover and saddle stitched within a production time of 4 days.
- 900 000 Drum/You/Huisgenoot magazines with an average 144 pages with a 4 page gloss cover within a production time of 3 days every week