Paarl Media Paarl’s extensive bindery offers stitching, sewing, trimming and folding equipment, as well as the advanced Kolbus Publica square back binder which can process up to 12 000 cycles per hour.
- The Kolbus contains a bookblock ready system for soft cover books and features image recognition software that automatically reviews each section to guarantee accurate collation.
- PUR binding provides a product with significantly higher page pulls and flex capability, thereby enhancing the lay flat effect of the book. PUR will not give way like the hot melt glue used in perfect binding. It provides the same pull test strength as thread sewing and is extremely strong and durable, lasting the same time than thread sewn, at about half the cost.
- Two fully automated Muller Martini Prima Plus Saddle Stitchers for reliable production. An automatic make ready system reduces setup times by up to 50 percent.
- Finishes such as UV varnishing, laminating, foiling and embossing ensure high end results.
- Finished products are packaged according to client requirements and dispatched nationally and internationally.