Paarl Media Environmental Policy Statement
As a corporate citizen, we acknowledge the importance of preserving the natural resources that sustains all life on the earth for future generation and accept our responsibility towards the achievement thereof. Paarl Media is committed to the implementation of more environmentally sound business practices to minimise our ecological impact through proactively managing:
- Production efficiency
- energy and water consumption
- waste reduction
We differentiate ourselves as the leading environmental stewards within the local printing industry and are determined to maintain this standing.
In pursuit of this objective, Paarl Media commits to the following:
- Meet or exceed all the environmental regulations that relates to the Group.
- Integrate environmental concerns with all our planning and decision making processes by implementing effective environmental management systems.
- Promote resource sustainability by encouraging recycling and reuse of goods, implementing energy efficiency practices and reducing waste through efficient operation of our processes.
- Minimising emissions through the selective acquisition of new (environmentally efficient) equipment and the implementation of emission reduction technology where plausible.
- Encourage improvement in environmental performance of our suppliers, through the development of environmental criteria in the award of contracts.
- Raising the environmental awareness of our employees through the communication and promotion of environmental best practices throughout the company.
- Proactively communicate with our employees to ensure that they are all aware of environmental issues that impact our business and to create a sense of responsibility to our resources and community to ensure they fulfil and sustain Paarl Media’s commitment.
- Help to inform and inspire peer companies, suppliers and customers as we continue to collaborate in advancing environmental transformations and improve sustainability within the publishing industry.
- Continuous improvement of our environmental objectives through the implementation of an environmental performance management framework and the periodic reporting and reviewing thereof.