Corporate Social Investment
Our expanding Corporate Social Investment focus aims to alleviate issues adversely affecting the people of South Africa and the environment. Paarl Media reaches out to the communities in which we operate through a combination of printing support and/or financial investment in a number of projects as follow:
- Established a R10 million Bursary Trust for previously disadvantaged students from the Paarl community.
- Assisted the Miqlat learning centre in Paarl East with much needed learning and computer resources.
- Sponsor the printing of the Big Issue, whose vendor force is comprised of mainly long-term, unemployed people from informal settlements on the outskirts of Cape Town.
- Supported the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies for food security programmes.
- Implemented a ‘Food Tent’ at The House orphanage in Berea, assisting with the provision of nutritional food and skills development.
- Provided financial support and blankets to The Haven Care Centre.
- Sponsored a vehicle for Amado, an organisation that empowers disabled children through animal assisted therapy.
- Donated school clothes, stationery, food and blankets for HIV/Aids orphans cared for by Prissked Charities.
- Provided support to the Carel du Toit Centre, which cares for children with hearing disabilities.
- Contribute annually to the Paarl Post Christmas fundraising project in aid of the Western Cape Community Chest
- Subsidised printing for the Society of the Blind and Tsiba College.
- Assisted Monte Christo Ministries Food centre in their feeding schemes at schools, soup kitchens and hospitals.
- Continuously donate to the National Sea Rescue Institute and SOS Children’s Village.
- Sponsored feeding of 20 children though the Peninsula School Feeding Association.
- Supported the South Africa Cares feeding project in Wellington.
- Financial assistance for Helping Hands SA to assist in bringing the joy of Christmas to underprivileged children under their care.
- Provided financial support and food parcels for Zamokuhle Orphanage in Kwazulu-Natal.
- Sponsor of the Stella Clarke Teacher’s Award, which recognises years of dedicated teaching to students from educationally disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Collated gifts for the Christmas Shoebox Project.
- A sponsor of the Department of Basic Educations 2011 National Teacher Awards.